Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Normal Everyday Life





As of lately, we have kind of gotten into somewhat of a schedule. Everybody has school and Paul and Brandon have been working very hard on getting Visas for all of us. For me life seems pretty “normal”. I wake up, work out, and take care of the kids until nap time  and then go to language school. After that, I will finish up school with Chay and Lydia and start dinner. Like I said, things seem very usual or normal to me, but there are definitely differences.  





The other day I was walking to the store with Shelby (because we don’t have a car, which isn’t normal for me) and I was telling her how I wanted to take pictures of some of the buildings that I honestly don’t even really notice most of the time. Really to me they look very different; not like apartments in the US, but as I stroll through my day to day life, I don’t even notice them. 





At least a third of the “vehicles” here are horse drawn carts, and although the first week I thought “how cool” after almost two months they seem completely normal. I mean at all hours you can hear hoofs clomping on the pavement, which is not normal for me!! 



In a way this is really good because God made us to be very adaptable and that is awesome! But sometimes we adapt to culture or to ideas that don’t really line up with the Bible and the sad thing is is that we don’t even see them. For now I am asking God to open my eyes to things in His creation that I have completely been over looking and even more that He would reveal to us ideas that we have always believed to be true but that just don’t line up to His Word, the Bible.

Grace be with you,

The Georgebells



Prayer Request:

-Understanding of the Romanian language

-Continued Unity in our Household and that we would be able to point each other to Christ 


-Wisdom for future building plans: the next step for completing the youth center (we just installed a bathroom and heaters today!! Praise the Lord!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment